Friday, September 21, 2012

Mental illness.

I have suffered from depression for I don't even know how long. At least since my early adolescence. It took me a while to figure out that's what it was, but I realized it.
I didn't actually get diagnosed until almost two years ago. I was prescribed Prozac. And it seemed to help. Although I wasn't able to stay on it for long due to money and my lack of insurance.
Throughout it all I have lacked an understanding of my personal depression. Which of my emotional issues stem from it? What's the best way to deal with it? Does my need for attention come from it or some other issue?
I've always wanted a therapist but again, could never afford it. Still can't. I've spoken to a one or two on a free basis but since it was never a "pressing issue" they didn't have much to offer me. And I didn't really know how to get the help I needed, or need.

I don't know where to go or what to do about it.

I keep hoping I can cure my emotional ailments with art, or personal growth, but so far it hasn't done much.

I guess I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment