Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Changes Coming.

So, I haven't exactly been doing well with my plan.
About ten days into P90x I strained a muscle in my leg and had to stop working out until it healed.
When that happened I decided to put the program off altogether.
Why? Because I was to travel to Maine for 3 weeks just two weeks after my injury.
So, I went to Maine and all was well. It seemed like I lost 5 lbs just being up there and active. I was so busy that I hardly had time to overeat. It was a good thing.
Unfortunately, just 4 days after I returned from Maine, my Oma died.
Its been exactly two weeks since she passed and it hasn't been easy.
I gave up on any dieting or caring for about ten days.
Completely ate my feelings. As I tend to do.
It didn't help that all of my extended family was here for the arrangements and support of the loss.

The only positive thing about this time is that I've had the opportunity to make plans for my next big change. Or, changes really. I have a huge plan that I will be implementing once I get back to Maine.
Yes, I said back to Maine. I'm moving back in two weeks. I cannot wait.

The outline of some of my plans.

-quit smoking
-replace coffee with green tea in the morning
-buy mason jars to store fresh foods better
-get my roommate into the same mindset and keep junk foods out of the house
-eat way less red meat
-no fast food
-minimize starches and processed foods all together
-exercise every other day for a month with no gym
-in November restart P90x


 So far I have two people who have said they'll quit smoking with me, so it'll be a little easier.
I think it'll be easier for me just because it is so much more expensive in Maine and I'll be busier so I won't want to smoke as much.

I also have at least 3 people who have said they'll work out with me and keep me motivated.
This is key.

I really don't like how I look anymore and am determined to change it.
I'm going to take my body back and make it want I want it to be.






This blog is no longer going to just be about my fitness, but my overall health.
I'm going to try to keep tabs on my back pain levels.
As well as my mental health.

Right now, I feel as though I'm in limbo. Everything is just slow moving and boring because I'm just waiting for the move to get here. Waking up has been difficult. I just haven't wanted to. A majority of my purpose here disappeared when my Oma died. My depression has been yo-yoing.
Which brings me to something else I'm looking forward to. Getting back on my medications.
Prozac and Ritalin. It'll probably be a few more months, because I need to get insurance figured out, but it's going to happen. I know both will help me stay motivated and to accomplish everything I want to accomplish.

There are a lot of changes coming up, and I honestly cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment